Sunday, February 27, 2011

2/21 - 2/27, BM Training Week #8

The training is starting to take its toll physically on myself, so I've got to be careful. My right achilles is not exactly in great shape and I need to do a better job of icing and elevating it. With that being said, I am still making frequent deposits to the United Bank of Endurance, but there was a little less emphasis on speed this week thanks to some foolishness on Tuesday which I will explain.

Monday: Off. It was just time for a day off. I was coming back from Maryland and stopped at a cool cave on the way home in PA. I thought about running after returning, but decided that a day off would serve me well.

Tuesday: A foolish point-to-point run to Reading that left me hurting. It wasn't too bad until I ran around a 7 minute mile and then a 6:55 mile. I don't run long runs like that, I need to stick to my philosophy of running long runs a minute slower than MP for the entire run. Plus, 19 was too long for this stage in the training. For Philly '09 and Philly '10, I only needed to run 20 miles one time. Week 8 is not quite where I should be running at or around 20. It's OK not to be like everyone else. 19.06 miles.

Wednesday: I took an easy run that I was originally thinking just get out the door and do a few. I ended up doing a loop that was a bit longer, but kept the pace way down. 7.2 miles.

Thursday: I met Adam in Caitlyn in Worcester for a run in the northern Worcester/Holden area that started easy and ended up at 6:30 pace. I was the one pushing at the end. They didn't seem to mind. 7.6 miles.

Friday: The weather was nasty, but Adam was still willing to run with me. With the rain, the pace was a bit slow around 8:00/mile. 7.27 miles.

Saturday: I ran with Matt and Ryan from Ryan's place in Andover. A lot of this was done on River Road. It started out slow going, especially on the uphills, but we were much faster on the way back. The overall pace was 7:49. 10.16 miles.

Sunday: I met Matt at NECC at 7am, and the snow was worse than I expected from the forecasts. The pace was way down, and I had achilles issues on this run thanks to the snow. Fortunately, it went away by the end of the run, but there was a moment where I had Matt go ahead. Caught back up though! Didn't go as far or as fast, but on a day like this what are you going to do. 12.7 miles.

Week: 63.99
Month: 252.87
Year: 497.52

No comments:

Post a Comment