Monday, February 7, 2011

1/31 - 2/6, BM Training Week #5

This week wasn't too impressive, but I can live with that. I'm still moving forward.

Monday: The roads in Worcester were crap, so I was unable to do my marathon pace workout. I warmed up with Caitlyn and then ran easily on June and Mill Streets in the low 8's. 8.15 miles.

Tuesday: Snow day. I hit the Planet Fitness in Tewksbury and the way back to Haverhill to do that marathon pace workout that I didn't do the day before, and I set MP too optimistically at 6:25/mile. I'm not quite there yet. The workout was 2 x 2.5 miles and I bailed halfway through the second one. After a bathroom break, I ran another 20 minutes or so. 8 miles.

Wednesday: Another snow day, and a 5 x 5 minute workout at 6:20 pace. I did this on the treadmill at PF in Plaistow and didn't have any trouble this time. 8.2 miles.

Thursday: Back to work. I was at the PF in Milford and got in 8 miles in a little more than an hour. I was gradually bringing the pace down starting with 8:00 miles and then got the mph up to 8.3, but at around 45 minutes or so, I had to back it off a little bit. Considering the previous workout days, I can't complain. 8 miles.

Friday: Caitlyn and I had a miserable time trying to run in Worcester. Between icy sidewalks and cars, I don't think we averaged much faster than 9:15 or so. Yikes! Just good to get the miles in though. Did 8 short strides after. 6.9 miles.

Saturday: I didn't wake up in time to do the Fudgcicle (without proper preparation), so I just went to the PF in Amesbury and ran 8 on the treadmill. I wasn't feeling my best. I originally was going to do 10, but was going to lose my mind. 8 miles.

Sunday: I met Matt and Laura at NECC for our weekly run, but we decided that it was far too icy thanks to the overnight freeze. Unmotivated to run at a later time, I went to the Super 5K and run just an awful race despite a full warm-up on the course. It felt like I couldn't get a full breath of air. It was disappointing, but it was good to cool down with Frank and Jason. 10.4 miles.

Week: 57.65 miles
January: 244.65
February: 49.5
2011 Total: 294.15

Today (bonus!): I redeemed myself by getting in my long run on a work day. Caitlyn joined me for this one at Assumption. We ran about 10 loops around the school and then added on even more. I was shocked that she went this long as she'd never gone 2 hours before. The average pace was 7:57 even with 6 of the miles being over 8:00. It was great to go this long. 15.08 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment