Sunday, March 6, 2011

2/28 - 3/6, BM Training Week #9

I ran 78 miles this week, which is the most I have done in any 7 day period. I'm starting to train like a serious runner, but I am having trouble getting in my speed workout on Wednesdays - I always seem to be too stiff. For now on, they will be moved to Thursdays. Also, I have been neglecting strengthening my core, so that will now be a focus.

Monday: This was a marathon pace run with Adam and Neel. It started with 2 warm-up miles, and then I ran slightly slower than marathon pace for 8 miles. The route was exceptionally hilly, so I am not bothered that it was more like 6:45 pace. Ended with 2.4 miles of cool-down. 12.4 miles.

Tuesday: Ran 10 miles late at night with an easy progression run, starting very slow with a 9:00 mile (this is a good thing) and gradually speeding to a tenth mile of 6:45. 10 miles.

Wednesday: Wasn't feeling up for it and neglected the 2 x 3 miles I originally had planned. Instead I ran the first five miles of the marathon course and back. It was a little troubling to still be out there when it was almost completely dark. Took some notes on the course. Not completely downhill/flat - you go up a couple times, too. 10 miles.

Thursday: Parked in Ashland near where I left off. I ran a quarter mile to the five mile mark just past the Framingham line and ran through Framingham and into Natick to mile marker 10 and back. I ran this a little slower around 8:00 a mile. It is definitely fairly flat for this stretch. I was very tired and had stomach stuff going on afterward. FYI, the Dairy Queen in Ashland is now open for business in 2011. 10.5 miles.

Friday: A very easy 4 in Worcester in Caitlyn. I was going to run some more later in the evening, but poor eating left me with quite the stomach ache. 4 miles.

Saturday: I met Matt and Ryan at Ryan's and we ran River Road all the way to 133 and back. It was definitely faster on the way back, and I'm sure the elevation profile would reflect that. It was a good run, even though I was still feeling it from yesterday's digestive issues for the first few miles. It did get a lot better, however. 12.44 miles.

Sunday: A lot of people were at Stu's and Matt was crushing it with some fast cats, so I did a route on my own that took me into Groveland, Georgetown and Boxford before doing a little of the Bradford Valentine course and a little extra. I decided to run my own 30K. I try to run these long runs at 7:30 pace, and today I averaged 7:38, but the stomach was still a little iffy and it was raining. Not an excuse, but definitely reasons why it was harder. Good run. 18.65 miles.

Week: 77.99 (second time in 2 weeks my mileage was been a hundreth off an integer)
February Total: 265.27
March Total: 65.59
2011: 575.51

No comments:

Post a Comment