Sunday, March 13, 2011

3/7 - 3/13, BM Training Week #10

This week I took three days off, and it was the best thing ever. The first day, Wednesday, was certainly a good idea (a little sick, and quite fatigued), then I ended up taking Thursday off because of getting a band arrangement set for printing. On Friday, it was simply no motivation - which was a little troublesome. Got back to it on Saturday and felt like a new man. Sunday was even better! No worries about the break. It will help a lot more than hurt me.

Monday - See previous entry, 15.5 miles.

Tuesday - Legs felt extremely wobbly and cut my easy 8-10 mile run way short. The legs felt like rubber, like they were going to give out under me. It wasn't fun. Doing 34 miles in two days certainly had an impact.

Wednesday - Off

Thursday - Off

Friday - Off

Saturday - Finally got to run with Steve. We did the "big loop" at an easy 8:00 pace. It was great to run with him. Felt really good, loose, and very glad to finally get out after 3 days off. I no longer questioned my motivation after this run was over. It was an easy run, but a very important one to get back out there with a good chunk of mileage. 12.6 miles.

Sunday - Matt and I drove our cars to Boston Common and then I drove him to Natick Center where we ran from mile 10 to the finish and to the Common. We blew it by missing the right on Chestnut Hill. It was about the same mileage, but I'll have to get back out there to do the last four miles at some point. We were very consistent, averaging 7:23 and kept all the miles except the first one within 10 seconds of that average pace. A lot of people were out there! My confidence has most certainly improved. Even though we screwed up the course at mile 22, I still had to make sure that I did the opposite of fellow runner Jason Bui by plowing right across the finish line, instead of saving that for April 18th. I like his approach, but I guess it was just the oppositional side of me. Plus, Matt's car was at the Common anyway, so we had to keep going on Boylston anyway! 17.2 miles.

In other news, Facebook free for 4 1/2 days. Thank goodness. Not really missing it! Going for 30 days...inspired by Matt Germain and Jeff Bartlett's 30 day sugar challenge. Check it out!

Week: 48.8
Month: 114.39
Year: 624.31

1 comment:

  1. Now you've gone and done it! You've cursed us all! :) Nice job, and it's always good to take a few days off when your body tells you so. It's interesting, pretty much everyone I know that's prepping for Boston felt the same this past week. We're almost to that finish line! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete