Sunday, January 9, 2011

1/3 - 1/9, BM Training Week 1

The first week of marathon training was most definitely a success. I did everything that I set out to do, minus one small thing that wasn't a big deal. With 14 weeks to go, there is a long road ahead, but I really couldn't have asked for a better start. I also set a PR for most miles in 3 weeks...196 or something. The mid-60s really feels like a good weekly mileage for me.

Monday: I ran with Caitlyn for my 5 mile steady state run (7:00 pace). Warmed up with 2 miles. The first mile was 7:01, then on the uphill 2nd mile we ran 7:11, but then we ran a few in the 6:40 range. The effort felt about the same the whole way, so the effort was steady state moreso than the pace. 7 miles.

Tuesday: I had a very busy day and didn't start running until 11:15pm. I ran 30 minutes on treadmill before I just felt entirely pooped despite only averaging like 8:10. I decided to run the rest of the run outside and did another half hour a little bit faster. I ran into the next day. Didn't get enough sleep, needless to say. 7.5 miles.

Wednesday: Met Caitlyn in Worcester for an hour run. We ran a similar course to Monday with a little extra added. I didn't feel terrific in the first few miles, but then we picked it up. It averaged 7:51 a mile. 8.15 miles.

Thursday: I was in Uxbridge for band practice so I gave Sumner a call and we ran what was originally going to take 10 miles, but it ended up being over a half marathon! It was a fun long run that averaged 7:53 a mile. We are planning to run every Thursday. Between her and Caitlyn, I don't have to do much solo running at all during the week. 13.3 miles.

Friday: Met Caitlyn in Worcester on my way back to Haverhill. We ran that Monday loop, but I had hill training so I said farewell after 4 miles, stopped at the bathroom at McD's and did 8 short 45 second repeats at an apartment complex off of Mill Street. I didn't run too fast of an effort until the last few, but even those weren't too fast. Didn't want to do too much on the first hill repeat workout. 8.25 miles.

Saturday: Matt and I ran the Fudgcicle race. I don't have much speed and was just looking to run a consistent pace. I ran 6:01, 6:02, and 6:05. Not too bad. It was hard to find the next gear, and I was trying on the last half mile or so. 18:52 total and 5th place. The warm-up was 2.5 miles, and the cool-down was slightly more than the course. 9 miles.

Sunday: Matt and I did the big loop from NECC at a pretty easy pace. I'd say it was right around 8 minute pace, maybe a touch faster. I forgot my watch, which was a good thing because I went entirely on feel. Obviously, I've put in a lot of work lately with the hills and the race, so I was happy Matt was willing to run a little easier. 13.3 miles.

Week: 66.5 miles
Month: 88.3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment