Sunday, January 2, 2011

12/27 - 1/2, Recovery Week #6

I got in another week of a lot of miles. It wasn't entirely pretty, but it was still beneficial and I managed to get a PR. 2010 was recapped a ton in my previous post, so there is no need to talk about that. It is there however, if you are so inclined. I found out that I have run 23 straight days.

Monday: I met Matt at his place at 8am towards the end of the blizzard. That was almost 2 miles and we ran a little over 6 miles loop around Brickett Hill several times. I had some juice and ran back home. 10 miles.

Tuesday: Didn't run until the evening and again ran with Matt, although I actually had 2 beers and I never drink. I was so bloated that I couldn't get a full breath of air. Fortunately we ran by my neighborhood and I told him I had to stop. It was pretty brutal. 1.9 miles.

Wednesday: A lot of running. I had to get my car which was at Matt's, so that was a short 1.9 mile run. I ran on the treadmill at Planet Fitness in Plaistow for 6.25 miles. In the evening, I ran with Andrew at NECC for another 6.25 or so. 14.4 miles.

Thursday: Parked my car in downtown Newburyport and ran to the north end of Plum Island and back at around 7:35 average per mile. It was a lot of fun. 10 miles.

Friday: Ran with Matt from Winnekenni up Corliss Hill and back on 108. We ran up to the castle and back down before doing 6 strides. 7 miles.

Saturday: Hangover Classic 10K. Not the most organized race, but that's nothing new for this one. This was the worst I'd seen though, it even included a beach portion of around a half mile. I warmed up with a little over 2.5 miles. The start was a mess and my first mile was 6:36. Miles 2 and 3 were in the low 6:10s, then the beach portion really slowed me down with a 6:46. I still gained on other runners. I got miles 5 and 6 back down to the low 6:10s before I picked it up over the last 0.2. I never got permanently passed and even PR'ed with a 39:27, but I know under decent racing conditions (good start, no beach) I could have been in the mid 38's. I won't complain about a PR though. 8.75 miles

Sunday: Was thinking about going to the BU Mini-Meet and was on my way but teammates were having car trouble. Since they weren't going, I didn't want to go alone. I was approaching exit 41 so I decided to run a couple Feaster Five loops, but I wasn't properly dressed when the rain hit. I cut it short at 4 miles and ran another 9 in the PM. Both runs averaged in the high 7's for pace. 13.05 miles.

Week: 65.1 miles
December: 232.2
2010: 2,300
January: 21.8

No comments:

Post a Comment